Metatarsalgia Treatment in Erie, PA
Contact us today to discuss how we can alleviate your foot pain caused by metatarsalgia.
If you are experiencing pain or inflammation in the ball of your foot, you may have metatarsalgia. This condition is especially prevalent in physically active individuals as it may be caused by repeat impact on the ball of the foot while running and jumping.
Symptoms you may experience from this condition can include:
- Sharp pain or dull ache just behind the toes on the ball of the foot.
- Pain that worsens while walking, running or jumping and improves when at rest.
- Numbness or pain in the toes.
- Pain in the feet that worsens when barefoot.
Metatarsalgia is typically caused by several factors including:
- Improper foot alignment
- Improper walking mechanics
- Unusual foot shape
- Intense training and activity
- Excess weight
- Tight shoes
- Morton's Neuroma
- Stress fractures
Sometimes pain in the foot can be healed by a day or two of rest. However, if your pain is severe or ongoing, it may be time to see a podiatrist. Other treatment options include modification of footwear or insoles, use of metatarsal pads and arch supports.